Aunt Joan's Sea Breeze Scallops
Amounts can vary as needed.
Author: Aunt Joan
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
- Large Scallops. (1½ lbs. we used frozen from Costco)
- 4 Tbs butter.
- 1 tsp or more chopped garlic.
- ⅓ to ½ cup sherry.
- Juice of 1 large lemon.
- Topping of 3 parts Panko bread crumbs to 1 part parmesan cheese.
- Set oven to broil.
- Melt butter.
- Add garlic, sherry and lemon juice to butter and mix well.
- Place a single layer of scallops in baking pan.
- Pour butter mixture over scallops.
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn scallops and broil for 4 minutes more.
- Remove and turn again. Top with bread crumb and cheese mixture and return to broiler for 1½ to 2 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.