Instant Pot Black Beans and Rice
Author: Holly Yzquierdo (myplantbasedfamily.com)
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups dry black beans
- 9 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 limes (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Dump diced onion and garlic into the Instant Pot liner.
- Add the brown rice and black beans.
- Pour the water into the pot liner and add the salt.
- Secure the lid with the vent sealed.
- Select Manual, using the arrows decrease time to 28 minutes.
- Once the time is up you can press cancel or unplug the Instant Pot. Allow the pressure to naturally release. (I let it set for 20 minutes before opening the lid.)
- Scoop into bowls and squeeze a lime wedge over bowl and stir. Then add a few slices of avocado for garnish.