This is just the base recipe. Feel free to tweak it based on what you have available.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 loaf of french bread
- 1 package of breakfast sausage
- 1 dozen eggs
- a mix of cheeses - I prefer feta and goat
- milk and cream or half and half
- paprika, salt and pepper
- spinach, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Brown the sausage, drain on paper towels
- Tear the break into chunks and layer in the bottom of a (large) greased baking pan
- Wilt the spinach if fresh, thaw if frozen; drain and add over the bread
- Add the sausage and cheese.
- In a pan stir together about 1 cup each of milk and cream, or 2 cups half and half with paprika, salt and pepper (salt is optional, cheese can add a a lot already. Paprika is important). Beat in the eggs.
- Add the mix to the pan.
- Bake for about an hour, cut into squares and serve for brunch, accompany with fruit.