Creamed Brussels Sprouts w/Mustard & Shallots
Author: Peach Dish
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- ½ tsp PeachDish Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- ½ cup cream
- Pre-heat oven to 400
Prepare mise en place
- Trim loose leaves and stems from Brussels sprouts then half lengthwise
- Peel, halve and thinly slice shallots
- Peel and thinly slice garlic
Roast Brussels sprouts
- In a medium bowl, combine Brussels Sprouts, ½ tsp PeachDish Salt and olive oil then toss well to coat.
- Spread in a single layer on a heavy baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are fork-tender and slightly browned.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
- When butter is melted, add shallot and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, until shallot begins to become translucent.
- Add the mustard and vinegar, and stir well to combine.
- Stir in the cream and bring to a simmer
- Add Brussels sprouts to the skillet and stir to coat with sauce.
- Season to taste with PeachDish Salt.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and top with parsley and oregano