Betty Crocker Banana Bread
This classic Banana Bread recipe has appeared in almost every edition of the Betty Crocker Cookbook thatâ€™s ever been printed, and it's no surprise! Itâ€™s a favorite of hundreds upon hundreds of home cooks for the Banana Bread recipe's speedy 15-minute prep time and its delicious results. This Banana Bread is sure to become a staple in your home if it's not already.
Author: Betty Crocker
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 24 servings
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups Gold Medalâ„¢ All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Move oven rack to low position so that tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350Â°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8½x4½x2½ inches, or 1 loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into pans.
- Bake 8-inch loaves about 1 hour, 9-inch loaf about 1¼ hours, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Serving size: 1 slice Calories: 70 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 12g Sodium: 95mg Protein: 1g