These chocolate crinkle cookies are delicious!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4 dozen
- ½ cup butter
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans or other nuts, optional
- confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light; add vanilla then beat in eggs and melted chocolate.
- Stir in dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls (stir if necessary to make the dough firmer).
- Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place on lightly greased baking sheets about 2 inches apartÂ (this is what makes them crinkle).
- Bake at 350Â° for 14 to 16 minutes, or until cookies are firm in the center.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on racks.