Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups butter (cold but smooshy)
- 2 cups sugar â€“ 1 cup white, 1 cup dark brown
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp galangal
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, spices and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until combined.
- Add in the eggs and molasses, and beat until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredient mixture until combined.
- Roll the dough into small balls (about 1â€³ in diameter).
- Place on cookie sheet, and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Once they are done, remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.