Prep: 25 minutes Bake: 25 minutes Stand: 5 minutes Oven: 375°F Makes: 6 servings
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 3 7- or 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Swiss, cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 of a small red bell pepper, cut into thing bite-size strips
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Thin strips red bell pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat six 6- to 7-inch individual round baking dishes or pans* with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully press tortillas into dishes or pans. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small covered saucepan cook the broccoli and bell pepper strips in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well. Sprinkle cooked vegetables over cheese in baking dishes.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, evaporated fat-free milk, thyme, kosher salt, and black pepper until well mixed. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in baking dishes. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center of each comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with additional strips of bell pepper.
Nutrition facts per serving: 185 cal., 8 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 151 mg chol., 314 mg sodium, 13 g carbo., 6 g fiber, 15 g pro.
Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Starch, 2 Medium-Fat Meat
*Note: Or coat six 6-ounce custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. To form crust, press 3 tortilla wedges into each custard cup with the points toward center. Tortillas do not have to cover cups completely. Continue as directed