Prep: 25 minutes Bake: 40 minutes Oven: 350Â°F Makes: 8 servings
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp minced)
- 1 tbs chopped fresh dillweed, thyme, or mint
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat cottage cheese (12 ounces)
- 1 10-ounce packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, pastry flour, garlic, dillweed, pepper and kosher salt. Stir in cottage cheese, broccoli, feta, and cheddar. Spoon into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
For Waves 1, 2, and 3, serve with whole grain toast
Nutrition facts per serving: 188 cal., 10 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 134 mg chol., 575 mg sodium, 9 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 16 g pro.
Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat.